Can you win the client?
Marketing your services to a potential client is an important skill in the language industry. And you now have a great opportunity to practice it by pitching to one of three fictional clients during the ITI East Anglia Network’s Translation Business Challenge.
The clients may be fictional, but the judges are real business professionals based in the East Anglia region, who will hear and give feedback on your presentations – they will also choose the winning team…
What do I have to do?
- Get together in a team of three and register. Registration details can be found below.
- Choose one of the client briefs and prepare a presentation pitching your fictional translation business to that client. You will receive written resources to help you through the process, and each team will be assigned an experienced professional of the ITI East Anglia Network as support.
- Make the pitch! Presentations will be at an in-person event to a panel of “client” judges, who will provide feedback and choose the winner.
What are the benefits?
Practical experience of key skills for language professionals
- Creating a marketing strategy and developing marketing materials
- Identifying and sharing a USP confidently
- Interpreting client requirements and tailoring business and operational processes to them
- Understanding client priorities and what they look for in a language service provider
Personalised guidance and feedback
- On all aspects of your pitches from your Network supporter and the judges
And of course, the prize!
- Each member of the winning team will receive Student membership of the Institute of Translation and Interpreting for one year…
- …and membership of the ITI East Anglia Network for one year.
Please email any questions you have about the Translation Business Challenge to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I register?
Once you have assembled your team, please email email@example.com with your team members’ names, email addresses and course details (including the university).
Registration closing date: Monday, 3 July 2023
Event date: Monday, 17 July 2023